Now that the Democratic President-Vice President ticket is set, and Vice President Biden with Senator Harris are going to be the Democratic ticket on the November ballot, I figured now is a good time to remind everyone that:
- You’re not just voting for President.
- You’re voting to prevent a 7-2 dangerous conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Note: 87 year old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is single-handedly fighting off all 10 plagues so she can hang on until we have a new president. This alone should be enough for historic turnout!
- You’re voting for the next Secretary of Education, Housing Secretary and Attorney General.
- You are voting for the “down” ballot, as well……to keep the House and to gain majority of the Senate in Congress.
- You’re voting for federal judges.
- You’re voting for the rule of law.
- You’re voting for saving national parks.
- You’re voting for letting kids out of cages.
- You’re voting for clean air and clean water.
- You’re voting for scientists to be allowed to speak and do something to protect us from climate change and pandemics.
- You’re voting for greater transparency and confidence that the President isn’t using your tax dollars as a slush fund for his family and friends.
- You’re voting for housing rights.
- You’re voting for former incarcerated persons to be treated with dignity and assisted to be proud and productive members of society when they return.
- You’re voting for everyone to be able to adopt a child without a lot of red tape.
- You’re voting for Dreamers.
- You’re voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire…and in your children’s future.
- You’re voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
- You’re voting for rural hospitals.
- You’re voting so that everyone can have access to affordable health insurance.
- You’re voting for teaching to be treated like the noble profession that it is and for teachers to be paid like the heroes they are.
- You’re voting to have a President who doesn’t embarrass this country every time he attends an international meeting.
- And you’re voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
- You’re voting for sensible gun laws.
- You’re voting for children born to Military Troops overseas to still be counted as US citizens.
- You’re voting to curb homelessness and find solutions to affordable housing.
- You’re voting to take measures to end the racial asset and wealth disparities.
- You’re voting to defend women’s reproductive rights and a woman’s right to make all health related decisions regarding her body.
- You’re voting to acknowledge the humanity and protect the safety of our family and friends in the LGBTQ+ community.
- You’re voting to stop the normalization of white supremacy and dangerous bigotry in the mainstream.
- You’re voting to rebuild a functional CDC to help prevent or eradicate dangerous pandemics like the coronavirus.
I know we can’t all agree on everything. Now, this is a two candidate race Biden or Trump. Those are our only choices. One of them will be our President as a result of this election.
The Biden-Harris ticket isn’t perfect. No ticket ever was and no ticket ever will be. Perhaps, for whatever reason, Vice President Biden and/or Senator Harris don’t pass your purity test. Just know this, they will be much better than four more years of 45. We must do all we can to ensure that the Biden-Harris ticket wins!!
One writer said this…..
|In historic decision, Supreme Court rules employers cannot fire workers because of gender identity, sexual orientation|
|The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday that employers cannot fire workers because of their gender identity or sexual orientation. In a 6-3 vote, the justices found that “an employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender violates Title VII.”|
Read the Latest
Just in from Time Magazine – Congressional Republicans and some White House advisers are pushing President Donald Trump to halt the Administration’s policy of separating children and adults at the U.S. border while they keep looking for a political solution.
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
Statue of Liberty – In honor of the statute’s intent to welcome immigrants, the U.S. government opened an immigration office on nearby Ellis Island in 1892. Between 1892 and 1954, Lady Liberty welcomed millions of immigrants who arrived at Ellis Island before continuing their journey into the United States. In 1883, Emma Lazarus’ “New Colossus” sonnet was selected to be the inscription at the statue’s base. Lazarus won that honor as part of a fundraising contest. In keeping with its tradition, the Statue of Liberty remains a symbol of American freedom and democracy.
Definition – Liberty – the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one’s way of life, behavior, or political views.
Trump on Twitter – “Separating families at the Border is the fault of bad legislation passed by the Democrats,” he tweeted. “Border Security laws should be changed but the Dems can’t get their act together! Started the Wall.”
President Barack Obama – helped assemble the lethal deportation machine that Trump is currently operating, forcibly expelling as many 2.5 million people, the cruelty of such a policy has no precedent.
Entry in the US – There are two means by which refugees can find haven in the United States: They can present themselves at an official port of entry, such as an airport or a highway checkpoint, or they can eschew these ports and enter the country on their own. (Although this method of entry is technically illegal, it has no bearing on their claims of asylum.)
As part of its “zero tolerance” policy, the Trump administration has elected to prosecute those who enter or re-enter the country illegally, even as their asylum claims are being processed.
Definition – Freedom – Isn’t free
“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free…
Fallacy – a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument
Gun Control – is an illusion the moment it is thought of. Having the ability to control guns is a fallacy delivered to the residents of the United States by law makers and lobbyist to appease those for it and those against it. The deception of gun control that has caused families harmed at the hand of a gun man to actually think a loved one’s death was not in vain if measures are taken. It is an illusion meticulously crafted by the tempter. Gun control like a paradox – in Hamlet – I must be cruel to be kind. Interestingly the bias for gun control is based solely on the group’s interest at the moment – a tragedy occurs. The attempt to control guns by congress and other DC based groups is the most deceitful casuistry and subterfuge of the 21st century in front of American citizens who are looking for answers albeit in the wrong place. We won’t find solace and comfort for our loved ones who have been shot at the hands of a random gunman. Congress and other on the [Hill] have no experience in helping those in pain. For this type of pain we must look to a force that is greater than congress, picket signs and petitions. We must look to Alpha and Omega, may you find Him now.