Premiums, Deductibles, Copay: The Millennial’s Guide To Health Insurance

In most circumstances, milestone birthdays are a cause for celebration. From the sweet sixteen, to the official foray into “adulthood” at eighteen, to the first (legal) drink at midnight on the […]


Consider this your monthly insurance payment, which guarantees that you will have coverage for the amount of time in the terms of your insurance agreement. If you have coverage through your employer, this will most likely come directly out of your paycheck.


This is the maximum amount of money you will have to pay out of pocket. After this amount, the insurance company is responsible for your medical expenses.


Your copay is the fixed fee that you pay up front when you have an appointment, pick up a prescription, go to the emergency room, or have an exam. These vary depending on the service provided. For instance, your copay to see your dermatologist might be $30, but your copay for a visit to the emergency room could be $100.

Did You Know

There are physicians who accept #Humana Insurance Medicare Managed Care in #Reidsville, NC who will make geriatric patients wait for hours in a waiting room, (meanwhile there are no other patients), the patient later finds out if they saw their physician at any point in the past for the same ailment; the physician on duty will not see the patient or return the copay after waiting for 3 hours in the waiting room!


Think of coinsurance as the percentage breakdown of the medical fees that your insurance covers. For instance, some appointments such as a well-visit (considered preventative care) might be 100 percent covered by your insurance, meaning you pay nothing for the visit. For other services, such as an elective procedure, your insurance may cover 80 percent of the medical fees, leaving you to pay the remaining 20 percent.

Source: Premiums, Deductibles, Copay: The Millennial’s Guide To Health Insurance

Free Breast Cancer Screening: Affordable Care Act

Did you know Humana denies coverage for screenings for some women in Reidsville, North Carolina?!

humana-breast-cancerDid You Know?

Breast cancer screening can save lives. That’s why the Affordable Care Act makes breast cancer screening and counseling free. All health plans must cover these benefits at no cost to you.More than 40,000 women die from breast cancer every year. It’s the second leading cause of women’s death from cancer.But if you find breast cancer at an early stage, you have a 98% chance of surviving. That’s the point of mammograms — they are screening tests that help find cancer when it is too small to feel.Your odds of long-term survival drop to 25% if your doctor finds your breast cancer late when it has spread outside your breast. So it’s worth your time to take advantage of these breast cancer prevention measures that are free under the Affordable Care Act.

When Are Mammograms Free?

You can get a free mammogram every 1 to 2 years if you’re over age 40.

Did you know Humana denies coverage for screenings for some women in Reidsville, North Carolina?!

Source: Free Breast Cancer Screening: Affordable Care Act