We’re not looking for Biden to #FixIt we’re looking to not have tRump phuck it up anymore.
Now that the Democratic President-Vice President ticket is set, and Vice President Biden with Senator Harris are going to be the Democratic ticket on the November ballot, I figured now is a good time to remind everyone that:
- You’re not just voting for President.
- You’re voting to prevent a 7-2 dangerous conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Note: 87 year old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is single-handedly fighting off all 10 plagues so she can hang on until we have a new president. This alone should be enough for historic turnout!
- You’re voting for the next Secretary of Education, Housing Secretary and Attorney General.
- You are voting for the “down” ballot, as well……to keep the House and to gain majority of the Senate in Congress.
- You’re voting for federal judges.
- You’re voting for the rule of law.
- You’re voting for saving national parks.
- You’re voting for letting kids out of cages.
- You’re voting for clean air and clean water.
- You’re voting for scientists to be allowed to speak and do something to protect us from climate change and pandemics.
- You’re voting for greater transparency and confidence that the President isn’t using your tax dollars as a slush fund for his family and friends.
- You’re voting for housing rights.
- You’re voting for former incarcerated persons to be treated with dignity and assisted to be proud and productive members of society when they return.
- You’re voting for everyone to be able to adopt a child without a lot of red tape.
- You’re voting for Dreamers.
- You’re voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire…and in your children’s future.
- You’re voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
- You’re voting for rural hospitals.
- You’re voting so that everyone can have access to affordable health insurance.
- You’re voting for teaching to be treated like the noble profession that it is and for teachers to be paid like the heroes they are.
- You’re voting to have a President who doesn’t embarrass this country every time he attends an international meeting.
- And you’re voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
- You’re voting for sensible gun laws.
- You’re voting for children born to Military Troops overseas to still be counted as US citizens.
- You’re voting to curb homelessness and find solutions to affordable housing.
- You’re voting to take measures to end the racial asset and wealth disparities.
- You’re voting to defend women’s reproductive rights and a woman’s right to make all health related decisions regarding her body.
- You’re voting to acknowledge the humanity and protect the safety of our family and friends in the LGBTQ+ community.
- You’re voting to stop the normalization of white supremacy and dangerous bigotry in the mainstream.
- You’re voting to rebuild a functional CDC to help prevent or eradicate dangerous pandemics like the coronavirus.
I know we can’t all agree on everything. Now, this is a two candidate race Biden or Trump. Those are our only choices. One of them will be our President as a result of this election.
The Biden-Harris ticket isn’t perfect. No ticket ever was and no ticket ever will be. Perhaps, for whatever reason, Vice President Biden and/or Senator Harris don’t pass your purity test. Just know this, they will be much better than four more years of 45. We must do all we can to ensure that the Biden-Harris ticket wins!!
“Under GOP rules, Trump is the only one who can take himself out of the race. The only provision that exists for replacing a candidate nominated at the party convention is a candidate’s death or his refusal to run.
If that happened, the 168-member Republican National Committee, made up of members from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five territories, would vote on a new nominee, with the majority vote deciding.”
Definition: Otherwise – in circumstances different from those present or considered; or else:
Read more: Source CT News Junkie
The The Rev. William Barber, president of the NC NAACP stated, “She is working to embrace our deepest moral values and we should embrace her…”
Why must we as a people defer to someone else to change the trajectory of Black America? I’m sure if rallied #together we could fix ourselves.
North Carolina NAACP President William Barber delivered a powerful message on the Democratic convention stage Thursday.